Are your food choices educated? Who dictates what you eat?
When I ask my clients this, I get all sorts of responses.
“TV commercials”, “family”, “colleagues” – the list is endless!
Before the blame game begins, I ask the question again and second time around, it usually hits home.
YOU are responsible for the food you eat. You have the ability to make empowered decisions about the food you put in your body. You have choices.
Now ask yourself these questions:
- How are my junk food vices benefitting me?
- How can I replace these items with equally delicious, yet nurturing foods?
- How will my life change when I remove junk food?
Many people turn to junk food when they are stressed and looking for a quick energy boost. What they really need is a well-rounded meal comprised of protein, carbohydrates, and healthy fats to nurture their bodies and provide slow-burning energy.
It may sound counter-intuitive, but adding in MORE real food could be your saving grace. When you place a strong emphasis on real food, there’s little room left for empty calories.
TRY THIS EXERCISE
Replace one junk food snack with real food today:
- Apples, oranges, and bananas are great on the go snacks. Feel free to have two if one leaves you hungry.
- Slice of sprouted or gluten-free whole grain toast with almond butter and preserves.
- Homemade trail mix of almonds, raisins, chia seeds, pecans, and dried blueberries.
- Greek yogurt parfait layered with sliced fruit and Ezekiel granola.
- Acai Bowl with a variety of fruits, nuts and super foods. (Seriously – go to Pinterest and check out some recipes. WOW!)
A few secrets to ensure you won’t end up overeating junk food:
- Always eat breakfast. Include protein to stabilize blood sugar and reduce cravings.
Make sure that you are getting a balance of protein, complex carbohydrates, and healthy fats at every meal and/or snack.
- Get enough sleep! Our hunger cues are thrown off track when we don’t sleeping enough. Sleep balances leptin and ghrelin, the hormones that tell us when to start and stop eating.
- Try Slim & Sassy. It includes a blend of Grapefruit, Lemon, Peppermint, Ginger, and Cinnamon essential oils. Add to water and drink between your healthy meals throughout the day to help manage hunger, calm your stomach,* and lift your mood. Click HERE to order the Metabolic Blend. Choose the “JOIN and SAVE”tab for wholesale price.
Keep the concept of crowding out at the forefront of your mind. Try one of the aforementioned healthy snacks this week, and make sure to let me know how it goes!