What subtle changes have you made so far? I hope you’re starting to see the significance of minor food swaps and adjustments. Do you have a new favorite healthy snack?
Today, I want to focus on how your work affects your health.
I hope by now you understand why I am asking about your job within a junk food cleanse. You see, your career is a component of primary food, and like the others, plays a crucial role in your eating habits.
Think about it: you spend eight to 10 hours a day, five days a week at work. Chances are you spend more time with your coworkers than anyone else in your life. Many of us wear stress as a badge of honor, convinced that productivity requires endless turmoil.
A work environment that’s harmonious and supportive of a healthy work-life balance is achievable.
TRY THIS EXERCISE
Visualizing what’s important or rewarding yourself with a non-food related treat is a great way to maximize productivity when deadlines are tight and your workload is heavy.
Try one of these stress relievers today:
- Bring a picture of a loved one or your child’s art work to keep on your desk atwork.
- Brighten your space with fresh flowers and plants.
- Keep a stash delicious healing teas as a treat.
- Take five minutes each day to de-clutter your space – a clear desk promotes a clear mind.
- Try a mid-day stretching exercise to aid circulation and promote relaxation.
Although the modern work world is challenging, it is filled with opportunities. Doing work you love is essential to creating a healthy, balanced life.